Respond to Injuries
If an employee gets injured on the job:
- Get immediate medical care for the employee if necessary. If you are in our workers' comp health care network, follow your network responsibilities.
- Report the injury to Texas Mutual Insurance Company as soon as possible.
- Report injuries the same day they happen, if possible. The fastest way to report injuries is online If you cannot report online, you may report by phone at (800) 859-5995 or send a completed DWC-1 form by fax to (877) 404-7999 or by mail to Texas Mutual Insurance Company, P.O. Box 12029, Austin, Texas 78711-2029.
- Give the employee a copy of the injury report and the “Employee’s Rights and Responsibilities.”
- Keep accurate records of the dates when you take any claim-related action, including when you file a supplemental report (DWC-6 form) or wage statement (DWC-3 form). The most convenient way to file a DWC-3 is with our loss run and claim detail tool.
- Help the injured employee return to work as soon as medically reasonable.
Return to claims main page.