Injured employees workers' compensation resources

If you've suffered an on-the-job injury, you must:

  • Report your injury to your employer as soon as possible.
  • If your employer has purchased a policy that includes our workers' compensation health care network option and you live within a network service area, seek treatment from a network provider. Click here to find a network provider.
  • If you are not required to see a network provider, seek treatment from a doctor in your area. Please note that if you are required to see a network provider but you choose not to, you may be responsible for payment for your own health care services. If you have any questions regarding your network status, contact us at (800) 859-5995.
  • Immediately report any change in your employment status to your Texas Mutual adjuster. Your adjuster is your primary point of contact on all claim-related issues. If you do not know the name of your adjuster, you can call (800) 859-5995 to obtain this information.

You should:

To verify the status of a benefit check, call (800) 859-5995 between 6 a.m. and 9 p.m. If you have additional questions about workers' compensation, see our frequently asked questions, or visit the Division of Workers' Compensation at the Texas Department of Insurance's website for more information. If you have questions about our workers' comp health care network program, visit our Health Care Network page.