Texas Mutual and the Independent Insurance Agents of Texas (IIAT) hold a shared commitment to helping independent agents succeed. Texas Mutual is IIAT's exclusive Strategic Partner and offers the best workers’ compensation solution for you and your clients.
Working with Texas Mutual
Any licensed agent can write with Texas Mutual. We encourage you to sign up with us to help us get to know you and better serve you and your clients.
- To get appointed with us, we need the following:
- Modified W-9
- Copy of your Texas property and casualty license, or
- Copy of your Texas non-resident license if you are in another state
- Send the information to us:
- By email: email@example.com
- By regular mail: Texas Mutual Insurance Company, P.O. Box 12058, Austin, TX 78711-2058
- By overnight mail: Texas Mutual Insurance Company, 2200 Aldrich St., Austin, TX 78723-3474, or
- By fax: (512) 224-6790
- It takes about 2 to 3 days to process a new agent application. Once we have you set up in our system, we'll contact you with your assigned agency code and share more information about how you can make the most of Texas Mutual for your clients.
About Texas Mutual
Texas Mutual has a strong foundation of success, insuring 43 percent of the Texas workers' compensation market and representing more than 70,000 businesses and 1.4 million workers. Our financial strength is underscored by our "A" rating by A.M. and "a+" issuer credit rating.
From industry safety groups to network discounts, a one-of-a-kind dividend program and customized safety services, Texas Mutual helps businesses control their workers’ comp costs.
Texas Mutual and IIAT share a commitment to the independent agent community. As IIAT’s exclusive Strategic Partner, IIAT endorses Texas Mutual as the workers’ compensation carrier of choice for Texas businesses. Together, we’re empowering agents like you deliver the best to your clients.